Thanks to the finely tuned interaction with state-of-the-art rubber processing extruders, KraussMaffei Berstorff strip winding systems stand out for excellent productivity, optimized advance and coating control and maximum ease of operation. All the operator has to do is to enter the application-specific compound, length, diameter and thickness, that‘s it – the rest is done automatically. These strip winding systems are suited for processing a wide range of different compounds – from silicone, SBR, NBR, EPDM, NR, HNBR, FKM (F)VMQ up to highly-filled special compounds. They are designed for covering rolls for the most varied industrial applications. Rolls of any face length with a core diameter between 50 and 2,800 mm can be coated with rubber layers of 0.5 to 70 mm thickness in a single working cycle.
Strip winding systems score with premium product quality
„The rubber processing extruders used in combination with the forth strip winding system generation exhibit substantially improved feeding behavior and ensure pulsation-free extrusion even with the most challenging compounds. The dimensionally stable strip produced on these extruders is the fundamental basis for precise covering results,“ explains Joachim Brodmann, responsible for roll covering systems at KraussMaffei Berstorff. „Thanks to the optimized advance and covering control, the user is in a position to reduce the excess coating material required for finishing the covered rolls by up to 70%.“
Apart from flat and inclined coating, KraussMaffei Berstorff has developed additional methods that allow manufacturers of rubber rolls to cover any type of roll with the most demanding rubber compounds at maximum precision and without any air inclusions. Another highlight in the KraussMaffei Berstorff machine portfolio is a wrapping system with variable tension that helps to avoid deformation in the end areas of the coated rolls.
State-of-the-art control technology for maximum ease of operation
KraussMaffei Berstorff strip winding lines feature cutting-edge data and process control systems, which intuitively guide machine operators through all steps involved in the covering process. Easy operation, optional storage of recipe data via the central control panel and easily exchangeable final dies facilitate frequent compound changes and substantially reduce manpower requirements.
„The decisive benefits of our strip winding systems like high raw material savings, shorter set-up times and considerably reduced start-up scraps clearly convince all current users. Many of our customers have already placed orders for additional machines to revamp their production technology.“
- Leser interessierten sich auch für
- Verwandte Artikel
- Predictive maintenance with Industry 4.0Increasing Digitalization in the Industrial Sector as a Growth Opportunity
- Predictive Maintenance-SystemVorausschauende Wartung im Walzwerk
- TPE für SpritzenkolbendichtungenTPE statt Butylkautschuk für Spritzendichtungen
- Netzwerk-TreffenImpressionen von der DKG-Jahrestagung 2014
- ExtruderK 2016: MRS-Technologie sorgt kombiniert mit neuem Aggregat für hochwertige Aufbereitung von PET-Abfällen
- VerschleißschutzNeue Lösungen für ein modulares Verschleißschutzkonzept von Verfahrenseinheiten
- Fakuma 2014 / ExtruderGekapselte Schnecken-Lagerung erhöht Standzeiten
- TemperiergerätWalzen-Temperierung in Glättmaschinen