Rhenowave is a new concept for non-destructive quality control in continuous production processes of black rubber compounds. The compounds are analyzed during extrusion with the help of ultrasound waves. Nanoscale fillers such as carbon black and silica have particularly suitable attenuation properties for ultrasonic waves so that the filler content can be determined with a precision of less than < ± 1 phr. Owing to the sound scattering, flaws > 500 µm and undispersed filler agglomerations can also be determined. Using an integrated marker with a high density (e.g. zinc oxide), even the distribution of Rhenogran AP can be controlled. Rhenogran AP are custom-made pre-dispersed, polymer-bound additive packages of crosslinking chemicals. As soon as the compound exits the extruder, an assessment of the compound quality is carried-out in less than one second. Where an array of transducers is used, up to 100% of the compound can be analyzed. Small areas of insufficient compound quality are immediately recognized rather than later in the product.
- Leser interessierten sich auch für
- Verwandte Artikel
- Geometrische Reifenprüfung in der Endfertigung und ReifenmontageMehr Effizienz durch optische Messtechnik
- Trotz eines starken ersten Halbjahres sank der Umsatz der deutschen Kautschukindustrie 2014Leichte Umsatzeinbußen für die deutsche Kautschukindustrie
- Zeolith as a new co-activator for resol curingAlternative Curing Process for EPDM Rubber
- Roh- & ZusatzstoffeApril 2015