Susym is the next step in the evolution of the High Strength Rubber announced in May 2018. The material boasts the high levels of durability and resistance found in conventional rubber coupled with substantially higher levels of performance with regard to (1) difficulty of opening holes (puncture resistance), (2) fixability (recyclability, repairability), and (3) resistance to low temperatures (low-temperature impact resistance).
The material is capable of enhancing performance in these areas while maintaining the flexibility of rubber and durability of resin. These features make it highly applicable to various fields other than tires, and it is thus, a revolutionary new material capable of achieving „symbiosis“ with our society. Furthermore, the polymer boasts the high levels of durability and resistance of conventional rubber and is therefore capable of realizing the various types of performance required in tires while using fewer resources. This material is also recyclable. Accordingly, we anticipate that Susym, as a new material that harmonizes with the environment in a „symphony“ that will make contributions to a „sustainable“ society.
Proprietary characteristics of Susym are as follows.
(1) Difficulty of opening holes (puncture resistance)
It is resistant to punctures when strong forces are applied to a single point, although it may change shape. The company anticipates this feature will result in SUSYM being used for various applications other than high-strength rubber and tire materials.
(2) Fixability (recyclability, repairability)
Even if the materials are punctured, holes can be easily repaired by applying heat. Therefore, the company expects Susym will be used as a new rubber material that can be recycled multiple times even if damaged.
(3) Resistance to low temperatures (low-temperature impact resistance)
Conventional rubber hardens and becomes brittle at low temperatures, making it easy to break through impacts. The polymer maintains the flexibility of rubber even at low temperatures, creating resistance to impacts and giving this material the potential to be used under low temperatures.
- Leser interessierten sich auch für
- Verwandte Artikel
- Simulation unterstützt ProzessverständnisProzesse und Werkzeuge für 2K-Prozesse auslegen
- Sinnvolle Zusammenführung von Automatisierung, Digitalisierung und ProzesssteuerungDigitalisierung für weniger Komplexität und mehr Nachhaltigkeit
- Energie, Wasser und Kosten gespartVakuumtechnik steigert Energieeffizienz beim Vulkanisieren
- Monitoring Damage Development by Dynamic-Mechanical and Dielectric AnalyzerStatisch beanspruchte Dichtungen geben Auskunft über ihren Verschleiß
- Tire Technology Expo News and ProductsProdukte und Neuigkeiten zur Tire Technology Expo 2018