The Supervisory Board of Lanxess has resolved at its meeting today to end, by mutual agreement, the appointment of Axel C. Heitmann as Member and Chairman of the Board of Management of Lanxess, effective the end of February 28, 2014.
The Supervisory Board has appointed as his successor Matthias Zachert, former Chief Financial Officer of Lanxess and currently Chief Financial Officer at Merck, effective not later than May 15, 2014.
Until Mr. Zachert joins the Board of Management, Lanxess Chief Financial Officer Bernhard Duettmann will perform the responsibilities of the previous Chairman of the Board of Management.
„Mr. Heitmann has played a key role in shaping the company since its creation through consistent restructuring and strategic portfolio measures. He has formed Lanxess into a leading global specialty chemicals company, achieving many noticeable successes,“ said Rolf Stomberg, Chairman of the Supervisory Board of Lanxess. „The Supervisory Board expresses its sincere gratitude and high regard for Mr. Heitmann, also on behalf of all employees.“
„Lanxess is facing significant challenges, for example in terms of market capacities and business portfolio. Therefore, the Supervisory Board believes it is the right time to hand over responsibility to a new leadership in order to overcome these challenges,“ said Stomberg. „Mr. Zachert performed excellent work as Chief Financial Officer at anxess and has an outstanding reputation among employees as well as in the capital market.“
- Leser interessierten sich auch für
- Verwandte Artikel
- KautschukeLanxess: Vorstandschef Axel C. Heitmann geht Ende Februar
- Zahnradpumpen / ZahnradextruderFeinstrainern sowohl inline als auch offline
- KautschukeLanxess: Preiserhöhung für Keltan EPDM-Kautschuke in Europa
- KautschukeLanxess erhöht die Preise für Kautschukchemikalien
- KautschukeMatthias Zachert übernimmt Vorstandsvorsitz von Lanxess
- KautschukeMobilität in Zukunft sicher stellen
- KautschukeLanxess eröfffnet Butyl-Kautschuk-Anlage in Singapur
- Polychloropren-Kautschuke mit geringer Viskosität und verbesserter VernetzungErfolgreicher Sprung über das Limit