DMA explores the dynamic mechanic material properties by applying forced sinusoidal mechanical deformations or forces. A static load is applied to a flat rubber cylinder, superimposed by mechanical oscillations. The sample’s response to the load is measured. This response is delayed in time.
From the recorded strain- and force values, the sample stiffness can be calculated. Stiffness and phase shift depend on the material and its physical state, The dynamic mechanic material properties are represented by the complex Modulus E* = E’ + i E’’. DEA explores the electronic charge distribution of molecular electrical dipole moments in a material by applying a sinusoidal voltage between two plate electrodes. The corresponding oscillating electrical field results in an oscillating, phase shifted electrical current “through” the sample and across the capacitor.
The dielectric properties are represented by the complex conductivity ?* = ?’ + i ?’’ or complex permittivity ?* = ?’ – i ?’’. Reflect DEA spectra influences of external loads on the electronic charge distribution? Carbon black filled NBR materials are exposed to external static loads from 10 N to 40 N, 70 N, 140 N, 200 N, 380 N, and 420 N and subjected to simultaneous dielectric and dynamic mechanic analyses. The NBR cylinder are of 10 mm diameter and approx. 2 mm thickness.
The results verify a great sensitivity of the Diplexor 500 N system of Gabor, Ahlden, for variations of dielectrically properties induced by changed electronic charge distribution due to external, simultaneous loads. With increasing static load a decrease of the time delay between the resulting current and applied electric field is observed. This experimental technique generates new insights for material sciences. DKT/IRC 2015
- Readers were also interested in
- Related articles
- Quality Assurance / Optical measuringGeometric inspections of tires in the final finishing and wheel assembly
- Plast 2015 / Rubber 2015Meeting Point: Milan in May
- DKT & IRC 2015 / Injection MoldingThreaded brass bush insert overmoulded with EPDM in 60 seconds
- Upfront mold optimization for LSR applications with virtual moldingFrom X-shaped to Cold Runner Layout with Virtual Molding
- Bald ist es soweitDie Deutsche Kautschuk-Tagung 2012 öffnet in Nürnberg ihre Pforten
- BildverarbeitungObjektiv-Serie mit 9-MP-Sensoren für Bildkreisdurchmesser von bis zu 1 Zoll
- 3D-MesssystemGeschlossenes Messsystem für automatisierte 3D-Vermessung von Formteilen
- Wie Software aus der Cloud vernetzte Produktionsprozesse unterstütztDie digitale Transformation fest im Griff