Although seals are C-class parts, they need to perform A-class functions, such as balancing the competing demands for outstanding sealing performance and minimal friction and wear. Anti-friction coatings help elastomer seals to meet all of these demands. The three steps of wet cleaning, plasma activation and coating turn simple sealing rings into high-tech, high-performance parts. The water-based anti-friction coating systems are applied mechanically and ensure dry, touch-proof and clean coatings on elastomer components, creating surface structures which improve the coefficients of friction and reduce wear. The anti-friction coating is wafer-thin, highly elastic and environmentally friendly. The seals do not stick and are available in different colours, making assembly easier – and often enabling automation for the first time. The procedure is suitable for any quantity of seals starting from a batch size of 1.
- Readers were also interested in
- Related articles
- Branchentreff Fakuma 2018Panorama über die Kunststofftechnik
- Erfahrung schafft Kompetenz in Werkzeugbau und ProzessdesignVon der Idee zum Bauteil zum automatisierten Prozess
- Plastics In Automotive Engineering 2018Der richtige Werkstoff an der richtigen Stelle
- PM-J5525WTrennmittel zum leichten Entfernen von Rückständen
- Attraktiver Markt TürkeiFreudenberg eröffnet Werk in der Türkei