By an exchange to a modern AC drive at least 20% higher efficiencies can be achieved. As the article shows, savings are dependant on the comparison of the load profile of the mixer and the sizing of the nominal power of the drive. If a mixer is mainly running in partial load, energy saving can be substancial and reach even > 30%. Further energy saving possibilities are a new developed modular AC drive, hydraulic rams, energy efficient TCU’s, intelligent ram controllers (iRam) and a management of mixing lines. (Abstract)
Full article in German only.
- Readers were also interested in
- Related articles
- Bald ist es soweitDie Deutsche Kautschuk-Tagung 2012 öffnet in Nürnberg ihre Pforten
- NewsMaschinenbau auf Wachstumskurs trotz Gegenwind
- International Tire Design and Manufacturing Exhibition and ConferenceInternational Conference and Exhibition on Tire Design and Manufacturing in Cologne
- NewsKunststoff- und Gummimaschinenbau: 5 Prozent Umsatzplus